Be active every day in your own way!
Be active every day in your own way at least one hour a day!
- Playing actively: climbing, tug of war, running, jumping, biking, hopscotch, jump rope, sports, walking
- Short interval episodes count too!
- Limit screen time to less than 2 hours per day
- Keep it Fun, Creative and Active!!
- You do not need as much, only about 3 hours per week
- Moderate intensity is good: walking, running, swimming, dancing, biking, skating, sport activities
- Not all in once: even 10 minutes active work counts
- The chair is not your friend! Limit sitting (outside of work) to no more than 2 hours per day
- At least 5 hours per week is even better for health and weight management!
Did you know that the most common excuses people give for not exercising is that they do not have the time. However evidence shows that time spent in front of various screens, like TV, computer, etc is directly associated with increase in overweight and obesity rates. Switch your screen time to a new physical activity every day! Even if you do not have time for full workouts, little bursts of exercise over a course of a day does add up.
- Take 10 minutes to go for a light jogg at lunch time
- Walk around the block with the whole family after dinner
- Run races together to try a new community sports team
- Shovel snow or mow the lawn
- Rake leaves. Or rake leaves into a big pile, jump into it a few times and then rake them again to bag them</p><p>6. Sweep, dust or vacuum
- Work in the garden - pull weeds, plant a garden, etc.
- Walk your or the neighbours dog
- 15 minutes rope skipping burns 170 calories
- 15 minute walking burns 9 calories