Savoury Baked Veggie Frittata
Love the rustic look and feel of a cast iron skillet, but fear whatever you cook in it will stick (and stay)?
Fear not...a well-seasoned cast iron pan is virtually nonstick. Not every pan can can live up to the claim that they improve with age and use! We’ve got a recipe for a stove-to-oven Instagram-worthy Baked Veggie Frittata to prove it ;)
1 Tbsp butter (dairy-free alternatives: coconut or avocado oil)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
2-3 cups baby spinach
½ tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup shredded cheese (shredded non-dairy “cheez” works great too)
8 whole eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter in pre-heated cast iron skillet, then add onion and pepper. Sauté about 5 minutes.
3. Add spinach, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cheese, stirring to combine.
4. Pour beaten eggs over veggie and cheese mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook another 2 minutes or until edges of egg just begin to set.
5. Transfer pan to oven to finish cooking, about 10-15 minutes or until center of eggs is set and lightly golden. (yes, you can put cast iron pans in the oven!)
6. Slice into wedges and serve with a fresh side salad.